PROFESSIONAL BOW-MAKING COURSE
A new violinmaking Academy for global generation
A COURSE DEDICATED TO EVERYONE.
The Main Course of Bow Making of the Academy Cremonensis is a two-year course. It takes place in the morning and is aimed at all students who want to start planning their future in the world of violin making by specializing in bow making.
It is structured with a strong emphasis on the development of practical skills, training students able to independently design their own work, to build their own stylistic identity and their own professional method.
Most of the class hours are individual and take place in each student’s workbench. In support of the individual workshop hours, we provide targeted and collective theoretical lessons. This training method, both practical and theoretical, is what makes the experience of all the educational programs of the Cremonensis Academy unique.
Learning in Academia Cremonensis is a non-competitive activity. In fact, at the end of each semester, students will have to take practical exams in total autonomy and will have to demonstrate that they have the required technical skills, as well as know the methods of each stage of implementation. There are no academic grades at any level; since the teachers draw up a detailed evaluation of the student at the end of each semester and after passing all the semester exams, students receive the certificate of the Academia Cremonensis foundation.
WHO IS IT FOR?
The bow making course is suitable for all students interested in learning about the complete construction method of the Cremonensis Academy based on the construction method of Giovanni Lucchi.
It is not necessary to have a constructive or educational basis to be admitted to the course. The course will allow you to learn construction without previous experience.
The only basic requirement for admission will be to demonstrate one’s determination and perseverance, conditional requirements for undertaking this type of career.
– Curriculum Vitae in English or Italian.
– A study proposal in English or Italian (600 to 800 words).
– Language skills declaration
– Identity Card or Passport.
– A letter of recommendation.
– Research experience.
– Teaching experience.
– Additional professional experience.
– Enhance all the phases of the violinmaking process by:
– The application of traditional techniques
– Players-centered design solutions
– Creation of a personal method.
– Develop an eye that recognizes key details in historical instruments
– Learn about the technological properties of the wood and the production costs of an instrument to take the best decisions in the course of its development.
– Ability to create an instrument wit Academia Cremonensis method, from the conceptual phase to the technical development.
– Ability to apply the knowledge acquired from the selection of materials, to the transformation in all processes.
– Ability to use the instruments built at school as a validation tool for personal projects.
Combining both academic and work-based skills, your foundational degree is a gateway to some exciting options.
If you’ve enjoyed your course you might decide to top up your degree with another year’s study, or you may prefer to take your skills straight into the workplace.
If you are considering to start your career, many employers will value the vocational focus of your foundational degree, and the practical skills and experience you can bring.
Get more information and get a videocall with us!